"For my bachelor thesis I am looking for statistics on the use of Scrum in Germany or worldwide. I'm interested in what large companies are already using Scrum and, if such a statistic exists, how many companies work with Scrum in Germany or worldwide?"
There are no comprehensive statistics on the use of Scrum in Germany. However, there are a few sources of information that might be able to help you:
- VersionOne Agile Dev Survey: http://www.versionone.com/state-of-agile-survey-results/
- A Doodle poll by Peter Stevens: http://www.doodle.com/k52dun8vpkh3rea9
- The Swiss Agile Study of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland contains some interesting facts: http://www.swissagilestudy.ch/docs/SwissAgileStudy2012.pdf
- Forrester Report / Agile is Mainstream: http://www.heise.de/developer/meldung/Studie-Agile-Softwareentwicklung-ist-Mainstream-912207.html
- Causes for failure - reasons for Scrum: http://treffpunkt.buedinger.name/statistiken-des-misserfolges/
Last not least the growth curve of the Certified ScrumMaster since 2001/2002 (pdf): Scrum Alliance Statistics on ScrumMaster Certifications
As I said, accurate and complete data do not exist, but some indicators. In addition, some distortion effects must be taken into account, such as incomplete implementations.
About the author
Andreas Schliep is a founding member and executive partner of DasScrumTeam. He is a Scrum coach and trainer. He studied at the technical university of Bremerhaven, and worked as a software developer, project manager, team lead and group lead. Andreas has worked with Scrum since 2003. He became a full-time Scrummer in 2006.
Since then, he has helped to introduce and improve Scrum and agile practices in numerous companies all over the world. His favorite topics are quality management and scaling.
- Experienced ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Coach and Trainer
- Introduced Scrum at WEB.DE
- Coaching of internationally distributed teams
- Transition from RUP to Scrum at UOL Brazil
- Scrum Trainings and Coaching in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
Always up to date with the DasScrumTeam newsletter.
The best in terms of Scrum. Once a month. Every month.