After our explorations of LeSS, and the study of an SAFe, DAD and Nexus, we have kept on looking for the ultimate Scaling solution for Lean and Agile organizations. Thus, we have come to develop our own approach SLASHe, the Scrum, Lean, Agile Scaling Hybrid. SLASHe addresses all the issues coming up with DAD, SAFe and LeSS, and other approaches to Scaling.
- LeSS addresses only product development. SLASHe addresses everything, that does not even have to do with products or development. You can apply SLASHe to hardware testing, government work, philosophy, health care and even Kindergarten.
- SAFe introduces multi-team, multi-project and multi-program organization. SLASHe does not stop there. SLASHe provides several levels above the portfolio!
- SLASHe Corporate for multi-portfolio management
- SLASHe Executive for multi-corporate concerns
- SLASHe Government for running entire countries
- SLASHe World for world domination
- One of the big issues of Scrum is the reduction of roles, and weird limitations of responsibilities. In SLASHe, we introduce hundreds of additional useful and important roles:
- Release Train Conductor
- Kanban Board Cleaner
- Post-It Copywriter
- Senior Vice President of Agile
- NSA Agent
- Superhero Response Force
- Even in SAFe, Scaling is limited to the number of people in your organization. SLASHe no longer limits your organizational capacity:
- Anyone can be in any number of teams. There even is no limit on how many teams a single person can form. Start with SLASHe World, even if you are only a self-employed lone wolf! No other Scaling approach can offer that.
- You do not have to build cross-functional teams. They don’t even have to be functional. SLASHe encourages you to build arbitrary groups of people and call them team. The core unit of SLASHe is the dysfunctional team.
Are you interested in SLASHe now? We believe in the power of SLASHe and its superiority above any other Scaling approach. And because we need to get things going, we do not start our SLASHe certification program with introductory or foundation classes. Instead, we can make you a Certified SLASHe High Priest Executive Trainer in just a 3 hour online class!
You absolutely risk nothing, because SLASHe has it’s built-in rollback process, BACKSLASHe.
Contact us if you want to find out why SLASHe is probably not the solution for you, and what you can do if you really want to employ agile product development on a scale.
About the author
Andreas Schliep is a founding member and executive partner of DasScrumTeam. He is a Scrum coach and trainer. He studied at the technical university of Bremerhaven, and worked as a software developer, project manager, team lead and group lead. Andreas has worked with Scrum since 2003. He became a full-time Scrummer in 2006.
Since then, he has helped to introduce and improve Scrum and agile practices in numerous companies all over the world. His favorite topics are quality management and scaling.
- Experienced ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Coach and Trainer
- Introduced Scrum at WEB.DE
- Coaching of internationally distributed teams
- Transition from RUP to Scrum at UOL Brazil
- Scrum Trainings and Coaching in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
Always up to date with the DasScrumTeam newsletter.
The best in terms of Scrum. Once a month. Every month.