Certified Scrum Product Owner
Have you already caught up on Scrum or XP or maybe even carried out an agile project, and thought, "Sounds great, but ...!" How can I plan the project? When will it be ready?
How do I steer the project, and how do I negotiate with the team? How much will it cost? How should I submit an offer for the project? What do I do when price, time & scope are to be fixed at the project start? How do I deal with line management, reporting and other stakeholders within an agile project? How can I cope with my responsibilities as a Product Owner?
The Product Owner course is exactly for you: going into depth of the agile scheduling, estimation and management for Product Owners, ScrumMasters, customers, clients, product managers or sales consultants who want to safely and reliably bring agile projects to a successful completion.
Experience more, learn more, can more! Our 3-day Scrum Product Owner Certification Courses with the plus:
- plus an additional day of training
- plus time for individual questions and answers
- plus time for exercises and scenarios
- plus tools, tips and experiences
- plus current issues such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile Contracts
- Responsibilities, rights and duties of the Product Owner
- Scrum Overview (Knowledge refresh)
- Create products that delight your customers and users
- Requirements: user stories, story points and business value
- Leading a self-organizing team
- Create quality - from specification to tests and shipment
- Line management, stakeholders and the Scrum Team
- Create and prioritize the Product Backlog
- Estimate project duration, define milestones
- Progress monitoring
- Scaling: handling of large projects
- Contracts and the infamous fixed price offer
- The agile offer
- The agile specification – tender Agile Projects
- Communication and Reporting
- Scrum and the organisation: process improvements and portfolios
- Pitfalls: What can I do wrong as a Product Owner
After you have completed this course, you will be able (with the help of your Scrum team) to lead an agile project, from the product vision to its successful completion.
Participants and conditions
This course is ideal for Product Owners, ScrumMasters, customers or clients, project managers, IT managers and sales consultants, who buy or sell, plan, control, manage or want to manage agile and Scrum projects. The following reading material should be used for the preparation of the training:
- Scrum - Agiles Projektmanagement erfolgreich einsetzen; Roman Pichler; dpunkt 2007
- User Stories Applied; Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning; Mike Cohn
PDUs: If you are collecting Personal Development Units (PDUs) for maintaining your Project Management Institute credentials (e.g. for the PMI-ACP cetification), the course hours can be counted towards your PDU requirements.