Scrum Gathering Austin Teil 4
A Scrum Gathering is not just lectures and Open Space, it also brings a lot of work and background activity. The Scrum Gathering Austin offered a whole range of special promotions for Certified Scrum Professionals, Trainers, and Coaches.
- Coaches Clinic: The Coaches Clinic is an offer of CTCs and CECs for all visitors to the Scrum Gathering. In short sessions, the coaches help their short-term clients through smaller and bigger challenges. This year, the Coaches Clinic received so much encouragement that even another area was provided for this voluntary special service of coaches and coaches. The more teams and companies Scrum takes on, the more the need for coaches will increase. So it fits in very well that the Scrum Alliance has now given the motto "4Cs" :
- Exhibition Hall: The exhibition hall was not really invisible. The meals took place here at the stands of the tool manufacturers and initiatives.Especially this year was the "Fans of LeSS" booth of Michael James. Here you could also find the contacts of the Scrum Alliance, inform themselves about tools and services or generally get in touch with friends, colleagues or strangers. What many do not see: the preparation of a booth for months, the extra work from morning to night, the endless conversations at the stands. Being an exhibitor is no picnic. And yet we have that in mind for the next Gathering in Vienna.
- CSP Lounge: Owners of the Certified Scrum Professional could enjoy a separate area with coffee, snacks, exchanges, and special information sessions. For example, there were backgrounds to the coach programs CTC and CEC as well as a question and answer session of the Trainer Approval Committee. A very positive development to strengthen the perception of the CSP and to support the community. A special treat was the lecture by Jeff Sutherland.
- Program Work: I myself was the path to the CSP in several sessions with trainers and coaches. There we discussed the different materials and accredited the programs. This year, it was pleasing to us that all submissions could also be accepted. This was partly because they were extensions to existing programs. However, the staff of the Scrum Alliance also contributed a lot through pre-screening and coaching advice. Prior to the gathering, the Trainer Approval Committee was already busy putting new CST candidates through their paces. We especially congratulate Wolfgang Richter and Ilker Demirel on the successful completion of the TAC and the obtaining of the CST license.
- Monday Mingle: Part of a good conference is a big party. At Scrum Gathering this party is called "Monday Mingle". This Gathering in Austin, Texas, shone with a particularly atmospheric connection to local and global music history. Austin City Limits is a household name to all Americans as one of the legendary first live music programs on TV. Just one hour before the official start, the Scrum Alliance invited its many volunteers to an advance reception. We were led through the scenes and were allowed to visit the video studio. I was particularly touched by the fact that the Scrum Alliance acknowledged my years of volunteering. Then it went to the party with live music and karaoke in the large event hall of ACL. Funny the evening went on karaoke. All in all a very special center of gathering.
About the author
Andreas Schliep is a founding member and executive partner of DasScrumTeam. He is a Scrum coach and trainer. He studied at the technical university of Bremerhaven, and worked as a software developer, project manager, team lead and group lead. Andreas has worked with Scrum since 2003. He became a full-time Scrummer in 2006.
Since then, he has helped to introduce and improve Scrum and agile practices in numerous companies all over the world. His favorite topics are quality management and scaling.
- Experienced ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Coach and Trainer
- Introduced Scrum at WEB.DE
- Coaching of internationally distributed teams
- Transition from RUP to Scrum at UOL Brazil
- Scrum Trainings and Coaching in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
Immer informiert mit dem DasScrumTeam Newsletter
Das Beste in Sachen Scrum. Einmal im Monat. Jeden Monat.